Exhilarating Tongariro Crossing winter experience
Satisfy your craving for alpine fun & adventure
Fuel your inner adventurer
Convenient package for easy planning. Includes guided tour, gear, shuttle, and accommodation.
Make everlasting memories amongst the snow on the magnificent and powerful Tongariro
Alpine snow and ice experience is not necessary
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you don't need alpine experience or skills whatsoever for this adventure. Your friendly professional guide will show you the way.
- If the guiding company cancels due to bad weather or other unforeseen circumstances, we will refund you the guided portion of the package.
- If the weather is marginal you will be given expert local advice before departure. You can then make an informed decision to join the tour, cancel or postpone to another day. If you choose to cancel before departure we will refund you the guided portion of the package.
- If you join a tour and the weather changes for the worse, or becomes unsafe the guide will return the group back to the start. Please understand no portion of a refund is given in this situation. However, the guiding company will offer you a reduced rate for a future adventure with them, because they're good sorts : )
- You can also change dates to suit the weather.
If you cancel 2 days prior to your arrival date (as per accommodation booking cancellation policy) your deposit will be refunded in full.
The Tongariro Alpine Crossing is around 20km. Much of it is covered in snow during the winter months. Walking over snow can be physically demanding. Therefore you do need a good level of fitness.
The package is priced for two people and includes:
- Accommodation for two nights
- Guided tour of the Tongariro Alpine Crossing
- Shuttle to and from the Crossing
- Alpine hire gear required ie crampons, ice axe, helmet, jacket
- Winter alpine clothing if needed
Yes, we can be fairly flexible with your package. However if the package changes substantially, discounted portions of the package will be calculated at the full rate.
Feel at ease knowing you'll be looked after by one of NZ's most professional alpine guiding companies.
Be guided, and be inspired
“An absolutely unmissable experience.”
A room to suit you
Look after your budget, or spoil yourself. Choose a cosy stylish chalet or an economy motel.
Be well looked after
Feel fully prepared & cared for. Your highly experience alpine guides & hosts will show you the way.
Enjoy good food
Enjoy a hearty casual dinner in the evening at one of the local cafes or restaurants (not included in package price).
Sit back & relax
Relax before and after your hike with door to door shuttle service. Pick up in the morning, and drop off in the afternoon.
All the gear you need
You'll be set up with all the right gear. Haven't used crampons and ice axe before? No problem, we'll show you how.
Simple Pricing, No Surprises
Choose the package perfect for you
“Service by the lodge staff was top notch. They looked after us extremely well and helped us out with their local knowledge and connections.Great location - in between National Park and Whakapapa Village - only minutes from either key locations. Overall, the great care by the staff, the great location, the clean warm room, made our stay very pleasant. Definitely one of our best experiences in New Zealand or anywhere for that matter.”
"The mountains are calling, and I must go."