Freedom in Tongariro
All welcome, no passport required
We've chosen to operate contactless during the traffic light system. So no passport required.
It's only natural for us to welcome everyone as we strongly believe in equality.
Chances are you could do with some quality time amongst nature this summer. We're passionate about helping you with this, whether you're vaccinated or not.
How we'll operate
- First of all we trust you'll be responsible and we'll treat accordingly
- Our reception will be closed for the 21/22 summer.
- Check-in instructions will be texted to the mobile number you provide. You'll be texted on your day of arrival.
- If you need help with anything during your stay you can text us, call us or push the buzzer outside reception. We can either meet you at your room entrance or outside reception to talk face to face if needed or preferred.
- Servicing of rooms will not happen while we operate contactless. If you need anything simply get in touch and we'll sort for you.
- All rooms and camping facilities will be cleaned to our high standard as usual.
- If you have covid symptoms please stay home to minimise the spread of the virus.
Accommodation & Camping
- All rooms at Discovery will be cleaned to the highest standards after each stay
- All rooms & camping have private outside access. There is no shared space to get to your room like a hotel.
- Check in instructions will be texted to you on your arrival day
- Masks are required to be worn in the shared communal facilities of the camp ground when practical
- 1m distancing is required in the camp ground communal facilities if possible
- Toilets, showers and cookers will be reduced to ensure maximum numbers in the building are not exceeded
Tongariro Crossing Shuttle
- All passengers are required to wear a face mask
- The driver will be wearing a face mask
- 1m distancing if possible
- No vaccine passport required